CREEKSIDE HOME AND SCHOOL CLUB
The Creekside Home and School Club (HSC) is a group of Creekside School parents/family members who work with the school staff and administration to provide a fun and positive learning environment for the school children.
- to foster better involvement between families and the school
- to organize fundraising activities for campus beautification and playground improvement, securing additional equipment and instructional materials and for support of student activities e.g. field trips, assemblies
- to sponsor events, school activities and various student programs
- to promote and support the total school program
back to top
- Membership is open to any family member of a Creekside student.
- The HSC will be headed by an Executive Committee (EC) which will be composed of the President, the Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer of the HSC. The EC members will meet to oversee and coordinate all planned activities of the HSC committees.
- The working committees and their objectives are:
- Finance Committee:
This Committee will plan and oversee all fund-raising activities, set goals for the proceeds of each activity and monitor the finances of the HSC. Activities will include Jog-a-thon, receipt programs, treat days, Bookfairs, and other fund-raising activities. The committee chairperson will serve as Treasurer of the HSC.
- Education and Publication Committee:
This committee will plan and oversee all activities that involve publications and projects that promote the educational enhancement of the children and HSC members. Activities will include the 50 Book Club, organization of field trips, parent education nights, etc. Publication activities include T-shirt Design contest, the Yearbook, contribution in the Creekside Courier, the Home and School Club Newsletter and other relevant announcements. The committee chairperson will serve as Secretary of the HSC.
- Socio-cultural Commmittee:
This committee will plan and oversee special events and school activities that will enhance better involvement between the home and the school. Activities will include Staff Appreciation Days, Family Nights, Winterfest, Special Assemblies, Campus Beautification, etc. The committee chairperson will serve as Vice-President of the HSC.
- These committees will work together towards the fulfillment of the HSC and School objectives.
- Members are encouraged to join a committee. Everyone is welcome to participate/volunteer in any activity.
- Special committees (Ad hoc committees) may be formed for Special activities.